Today, in this post we are going to discuss quick and easy steps to reset your Linksys WiFi range extender back to factory default settings. So, if you are facing any trouble during Linksys extender setup and log in, then it would be better to reset it rather than wasting your precious time in brain-teasers steps of troubleshooting.
Moreover, if you are facing any of the below-given problems, then a factory reset process is preferred for this.
- Your internet connection keeps on breaking.
- If you tend to Manually Configure Linksys Range Extender, after performing the reset function, or you have updated the software on your Linksys device recently, then you can go for the default settings.
- Unable to access the web-based setup page for Linksys Smart WiFi Login.
- LED lights on your device aren’t stable even after performing the reset process.
But hold on! Prior to factory reset process, you have to create a backup of your Linksys device configuration settings. And why you are supposed to do this? Everything will be deleted once you perform this process. Everything means everything that includes username, Linksys Smart WiFi Router Password, security settings, etc.
You can follow some below-mentioned steps for back up of your data.
- First of all, open the setup page of your Linksys WiFi range extender from an internet browser. Here, on this page you are supposed to navigate to ‘instructions’ page, and select the ‘backup’ option. If you encounter any problem, then you can straight-away call our technical department on toll-free number 1-844-726-2255.
- Now, go to ‘management’ tab and hit on the backup and configuration’ option. Once done, save your settings. This process will create a backup of your Linksys device configuration either on the local machine or on an email. This will completely depend on where you wanna create.
Now, we are about to discuss some valuable steps to reset your range extender back to factory default settings with ease.
Resetting the Device using the Reset Button
In order to reset your device using ‘reset’ button, you have to hold it for few seconds and after that, release it. The reset button is located either on back or bottom panel of your smart WiFi range extender.
Important Note: Do not forget to Power cycle the device in order to finish the reset process successfully.
Are you experiencing slow internet speed? Is your browser taking too long to respond? If the answer is yes, then the foremost solution to this problem is only Powercycle your Linksys device. On the other hand, removing the power from the device refreshes the inbuilt RAM and allows the device to function as a new device.
On the other hand, the process of power cycling can be done manually using a network management control or network monitoring system, switch on the device, or automatically through another device. Moreover, this process can also be done through or remotely a communication channel. In relation to servers, laptop computers, personal computers, and desktop computers, power cycling is synonymous with rebooting the computer.
It is a similar term describing turning a device (computer/ laptop) off immediately without going through the normal shutdown process. Particularly with operating systems (OS) that use disk caches, a hard reboot might leave files in an infected or unclean state. So, this may require a scan of the file system structures before normal operations to resume after the restarting process.
Smart WiFi Setup Not Working? Try some more Troubleshooting Procedures
Resetting the Linksys device via Internet-based Setup Page
There are certain steps that you need to follow in the same way used for resetting the device the web-based setup page. Please have a look onto the steps below:
- For Linksys Smart WiFi Router Login open an up-to-date and relevant web browser on your computer/ laptop.
- Open the setup page and into the address bar field type the model number of your Linksys device.
- Once done, go to ‘administration’ page and open the option ‘factory default’.
- Accomplish your process simply by restarting your device and removing the power cable from the outlet. Do not connect it immediately. Connect it after a couple of minutes.
Hope you have taken back up of your configuration before performing a factory reset function successfully? If yes, then you can restore the configuration easily from the ‘management’ tab. At last, click on save.