Linksys RE6500HG setup provides 802.11 n and ac signal expansion capabilities, allowing blind spots or signals that were originally poorly received to be covered. After the setup, the devices can be steadily connected to the extended WiFi.
Also, the provided 4 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces directly transmit data through the wired connection. This enhances the signal strength, and is convenient for users to connect PC’s, set-top boxes, and game consoles. Linksys has specially equipped a 3.5mm audio jack on the back of the RE6500HG. This allow users to stream music directly to their home WiFi audio and video devices. Apart from this, the all-time available Extender.linksys.com Support makes it most reliable gadget.
About the Compatibility:
RE6500HG fully supports 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, with enabling legacy 802.11 a/b/g/n and bearing the latest 802.11 ac system. The advantage is that the maximum transfer rate can be up to 867 Mbps on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks.
Linksys RE6500GH Setup Process
The installation is very simple, you do not need any setup CD or drivers. Undoubtedly, the best part is set up is not limited to routers of specific brand. You can use setup extender with any standard router. Use the provided guidelines to manually configure Linksys range extender.
- Open the packed gadget and peruse the user instruction manual. Then with reference to the instructions, connect the antennas to the device.
- In the same way, connect the power supply. But, make sure to place the extender amid the router and area without WiFi.
- Hold on for a minute, till you see a solid light on the power LED of the extender.
- After powering up the RE6500HG, the user can connect to the RE6500HG via a WiFi signal on a computer or mobile phone.
- Then open the web browser (like Google Chrome or Firefox) and enter “Linksys extender.linksys.com”.
- This will navigate you to the Linksys Extender setup screen.
- If you can’t connect to Linksys Extender setup page, clear the cache and cookies of the web browser.(Note: If you’re on a MAC computer or laptop, the setup steps for MAC users are in the next section.)
- On the screen, select the desired WiFi signal and enter the password.
- The process of the extender to the router has been completed.
Now the system automation will complete the rest of the settings.
- RE6500HG supports 2.4GHz and 5 GHz WiFi, so the system will automatically connect with the two channels.
- The device is all set for Linksys WiFi extender login and setup.
Good News : The devices supporting the old WiFi standards can also be connected to extended WiFi, without worrying for the compatibility.
How to set up RE6500 via MAC Operating System
For MAC operating system, there is a variation in the setup instructions. The first three instruction (related to power up the extender) are same and then user need to go with …
- Navigate to the Safari and click the “book” icon.
- Select “Bonjour” from the panel on the left.
- Find and double-click the RE6500 icon from the list.
- Put in the username and password/ security key as per the instruction manual.
- Lastly, save all the settings using the “save” button.
- Now the device is all set to Linksys WiFi extender login and then to be set up.
- For assistance or queries, get in touch with Extender.linksys.com Support..
RE6500HG Hardware Specs
The RE6500HG appearance is simple yet elegant. It consists of three components, the main unit, two antennas and a power supply transformer . In addition, RE6500HG has rich peripheral support and provides four Gigabit Ethernet interfaces. This allow users to connect the game consoles, NAS, mobile computers or other accessories. The transceiver signal antenna can flexibly rotate and fine-tune the optimal angle to receive signals.
That’s all about Linksys R6500HG setup, keep an eye on our site to be aware of latest extender’s setup, tech specs and troubleshooting.