In today’s scenario, we make use of a WiFi range extender to extend the existing router range and Linksys has been manufacturing smart wireless range extenders from a while. They are doing quite well. But whenever we buy a new range extender we are curious to know Linksys extender setup and configuration process.
If we do it with a calm and peaceful mind, it is not difficult as we think. Well, there are two simple ways for Linksys WiFi range extender setup process and here in this post, we will be learning both the ways. Read on.
Tips you should follow prior to setting up a Linksys WiFi range extender-
- Linksys wireless range extender is an easy plug and play device and we recommend you to go with the reset process once before the setup and installation of your Linksys device.
- Place your Linksys WiFi range extender closer to your existing networking router.
- Choose a suitable location to place your devices i.e. router and the Linksys WiFi range extender.
- Update the firmware of your devices timely.
Now, let’s find out how to configure and install a Linksys extender.
Before anything else, you might wanna note down that: range extenders are also known as signal boosters, range expanders, and wireless repeaters.
For simple, easy, and rose petal setup process you have to follow some light and smooth steps given-below–
- First of all, plug your Linksys device into a damage-free power source. Turn it on.
- After that, grab a computer or laptop and connect it with your range extender via internet, USB or Ethernet cable.
- Next, search for Linksys extender setup open network. Once found, connect with it.
- Once you are connected, the page will automatically redirect you to Linksys smart WiFi login page.
- If you failed to see the setup page, then we insist you type http://extender.linksys.com into the address bar of a web browser.
- In case you can’t connect to Linksys extender then you can also make use of the default IP address of your Linksys device to access the setup page of Linksys WiFi range extender.
- Once you are onto the setup page, please follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process of your Linksys device with ease.
- Additionally, you can change your language as per your preference and accept the terms and conditions and after that, hit on next.
Connect Extender to the Network
- Now, in the next step, you can see a list of available and active networks. If yes, please select a network name that belongs to you and whose range you wish you extend. For this, you have to type the password for your existing WiFi router and hit on next.
- Moreover, you can also change the network name (SSID) and password (security key) for the Linksys WiFi range extender in the next step. Do not keep them as default. Once done, click on next.
- In the next step, for security reason, lock your Linksys device using the admin password. This step is very essential to keep your internet and networking devices away and safe from cybercriminals and anonymous people.
- Finally, click on next and save the settings. After a few minutes, reboot your Linksys device.
- Once you have restarted your device successfully, you can place it anywhere to its intended location.
Note: In case smart WiFi setup not working then dial a toll-free number 1-844-726-2255 and ask us to manually configure Linksys range extender.
Congratulations! You have successfully done the installation of your Linksys WiFi range extender.
Linksys range extender installation and configuration via Ethernet cable
- Connect the Linksys range extender to our PC via an Ethernet cable.
- After that, plug your Linksys device into a power source and wait for the LED lights on it start blinking.
- Open the web browser and type extender.linksys.com into the address bar field. For assistance, you can also ask us for extender.linksys.com support
- Now, enter the user name and password into the required field of the displayed page by default.
- Click on wireless settings.
- Set the radio button to manual.
- Enter the Linksys smart WiFi router password.
- Enter the WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) key or WPA/WPA (Wireless Protected Access) mixed mode key.
Note: Wireless Protected Access II supposed to be the second version of WPA standard. Using a few encryptions is always better than using nothing. As someone said “better safe than sorry”. WEP is the safest and secure of these standards.
Now, you can restart the range extender and the router as well and access Linksys smart WiFi router login page once. You will be that your smart Linksys device will start functioning automatically.
Fabulous! You have successfully configured your Linksys smart wireless range extender. For more information and instant assistance, ask our technical department Support for extender.linksys.com.
We hope that view shared in this post help you to set up and configure your smart Linksys device. Reach out to us via 1-844-726-2255 if you need more help related to Linksys range extender and its setup process.
We thank you for reading our post and for giving us your precious time. We appreciate your patience.